Saturday, January 1, 2011

Gotta Get on This - It's a New Year

I've been watching my daughter from not very afar and she's right into all this blogging and networking and is just generally up-to-date with it all.

I am not.

In fact, the whole thing makes me very nervous.


So, here I am: 2011 and the New Year and my NY's RESOLUTION ...


Write what I think.


I am not sure what makes people/us? think that other people are searching the net desperate to read our inner most thoughts; however, I'm going to give it a go.

Of course, maybe no one will read this and so what - I'll carry on if for no other reason than catharsis!

If this be so, then I will publicly commit to my second NY RESOLUTION ...

Read. Stop watching mindless television and read instead.


This is going to be really, really tough.  I watch and record and now have even app'd so that I can keep up with housewives, the staged lives of rock stars, the addicted, the afflicted, the sisters, brothers, and for some unknown reason any real estate; you name it I watch it - without a thought in my mind.  I may have to reflect on this later.  For now it's STOP, or at least try to.

We shall see.

To start myself off for some decent reading I have written up the Bestsellers List 2010 (25 fiction and non fiction - hard and soft bound) from today's Globe and Mail.  I was hoping to attach it here but I don't know how.  I had to copy the whole damn thing out myself on Word as I could not figure out how to copy and paste from the iPad or the eedition or the website no matter what I tried. Really annoying and NY Resolution #2 was nearly a nonstarter right from the get go.

What I really cannot believe just now is how quickly the time has gone by.  I woke up full of vim and vigour this morning and already January the 1st is virtually over and I nearly didn't even get to the post.

And it's past my bedtime ...

No comments:

Post a Comment