Sunday, June 19, 2011

Open Sunday

An Open Sunday is the best - don't misunderstand this - I love having visitors and getting out and about, but I also really love a long lie in ...

Today is an Open Sunday.

Wake up to no alarm, in this case in time for the 8 o'clock BBC Scotland Radio News. I choose to rise first and get the OJ. And scoot back to bed. Dispense the vitamins; we talk about whatever's recent: the visit from (step)son Marcus and Rory McIlroy's incredible US Open Golf performance; I check the iPad Scrabble to see if Jennie has made her move - she has - my letters stink; I download and get into Saturday's 'Globe and Mail.'

We then both go down: Himself organizes the toast with delicious home made marmalade (not mine!) and I prepare the lattes.  And scoot back to bed with the lovely tray of goodies.

It's a peaceful day.  This is the view from my pillow (I had to take it without flash):


We get up in our own time and I go into the spare bedroom (aka the Yoga Studio) for my 20 minutes with 'Namaste' and my yoga practice with Kate Potter. I really could not manage without it.  I practice every day (and then don't have the guilts if I miss, but my body craves it so I seldom miss when we are home). Lately, thanks to my cousin Teresa, I also add on 10 minutes of Pilates: 10 minute Solution.

Here's my view from the floor and what I can reflect on during meditation:


My thought today: 22 year olds. I wonder what it's all about. Rory McIlroy, alive and at the top of the world of golf and volunteers as UNICEF Ireland Ambassador; Terry Fox (his mother's Obituary was in the Globe), dead of cancer - has it really been 30 years?- and yet his influence and his Marathon of Hope remembered to this day - $550 million raised world wide. 

Himself has caught up with household admin and is enjoying an old Western on TV.

Yes, Open Sunday is about us.

I love it, and you know what: that's what it's all about today!

No comments:

Post a Comment