Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer in Scotland

Yes, Viriginia, Scotland does have a summer and it's on right now.

The last week has been absolutely indescribably delicious.

Himself had to go down to the flat last night as he has a car service today so I awoke alone to a picture postcard perfect morning.

I have tons of household maintenance stuff on the go as the Skipper would like to head out on Chardonnay tomorrow - for a week or so weather permitting.

However, this morning is too perfect. I made my coffee and went up to the gazebo (first time this year! although we have had cocktails up there).

Here's my view:



And close up:


Sorry about our dead palm tree in the foreground.  We are really sad about this.  2 harsh winters + the big May gale and it has packed up.  Lots of trees are feeling the same way along the northern west coast and some areas look awful.  The horticulturalists are advising to wait until next spring to see what comes back.  We are looking into a new palm.

Here's the gazebo:


So, yes, this morning I stopped, and gave thanks for all this.

And that is what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment