Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wonderful People in My Life

I met a wonderful group of people today.

Before I explain, I would like to publicly tell my nephew, Alex, how proud I am of him.  Earlier this summer he trained and practiced and put himself way outside his comfort zone to compete - and complete! -  the 2011 Norfolk SuperHero Challenge.  He and his competition partner ran 1 mile, kayaked 4 miles, cycled 38 miles, and ran 7 miles under the most awful/challenging/dreadful weather conditions. He raised £6,500 for his sister-in-law, Sarah, who has Motor Neurone disease.



AND

Currently my friend Dorothy is spending a month in Rawanda.  She did a whole lot of fundraising and is now there. Please look at her blog PREFER: http://dcampbellinrwanda.blogspot.com/.   She is giving of herself and I am in awe.  And YES, I will join you next time Dorothy!  I love this shot of her: 

AND

Today ...
A friend of a friend of Himself's came by for coffee with his friends - on bicycles! Hurricane Katia was just leaving although they rode through her yesterday - don't ask how - it was awful out there. They have 3 more days to go and then they will have ridden from Land's End to John O'Groat's - 1000 or so miles ... They are raising money for a hospital in Malawi where two of the group live and work: www.lahob.org.uk.  The website has great photos of the hospital and includes some interesting facts: riders combined age is 200 years, combined 3 of them have spent 60 man years working in Malawi. They are very special people, and it was great to meet you.  Safe Journeys!



No comments:

Post a Comment