Thursday, February 2, 2012

Downton Abbey

Himself went back to Scotland last night so my lower lip is quivering just a wee bit.  The deck has not one snowflake on it.  I cannot even take a photo to show you, as it is simply too depressing.

So, before I assume my CB 'depressed stance,' I must think of something really excellent ...

Such as ...

Shirley MacLaine is joining the cast of "Downton Abbey" (Season 3) as the mother of the American born Lady Grantham.

Yes, yes, this is brilliant casting.

Not only will the U.S. audience be even more enthralled*, the dynamic between Maggie Smith, the Dowager Countess, and Shirley MacLaine will most certainly be nothing less than magic and no doubt somewhat electrical!!

In a previous post, Working Girls, I did not include Maggie Smith.  A serious oversight.  As we all know she is truly magnificent:

Dame Maggie Smith was born in 1934 and excels in any role she has been in.  A Google search takes a second or two to kick in as her career has been long and her accomplishments many.

Bring on Season 3 Downton Abbey! Starts in September in the UK ... you know where I will be on Sunday nights.

Reflection: I really enjoy this type of period drama.  Not only do I enjoy it, I become a part of it.  I mean I am really IN it.  One hour is not long enough.  I am really shocked to come back to the present day .... 

Let me explain: I had a fascinating psychic reading on the telephone the other day with Suzanne.  Luckily I taped the whole thing (23 minutes jam packed) and through my guide Suzanne shared extraordinary bits and pieces about me and several important things for me to think about. During the introduction, Suzanne noted that it has taken me a long time to 'come back.' Apparently, I was around in the late 1700's early 1800's and I find it difficult living today with such a different set of 'life' rules and sensibilites. Wow.  That can certainly explain some of my current intolerances ...

My Future: What I may do now is study hard and slowly become the Dowager Countess of Grantham.

*In the U.S. there are Downton Abbey groups/fanclubs who get together to watch each episode and the even dress in period costume. I'm moving ...

No comments:

Post a Comment