Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Never Say Never

My friend Wendy and I had a our Skype chat this morning (she's a snowbird in FLA) and for one reason or another we reflected on some memories of the 'good old days' and remembered that some people actually drove a car in their ski boots. Of course, they were somewhat more flexible than today but nevertheless we agreed that it was a silly and unsafe thing to do... We would never do such a thing ...

I got myself organized and drove down to the club.  I had rented skis in Vail so I just had to take down my ski boots and helmet and other bits and pieces. After putting on my gear I walked over to the ski locker ... and ... found it empty. Geez...

I had forgotten that with Himself we had skied at Blue Mountain and my skis were still up at home.

I turned heel and marched right back to the parking lot, with helmet on head and boots on feet.  I drove back up the club road with my ski boots on! It wasn't easy and I found that I with my rigid ankle I had to lift the whole leg up to change pedals. When I returned to the parking lot I took a new parking spot that did not require reversing.

Incredible.  I've never done that before.  Why today?

So, I carried on and seized the day.  Plate on the car beside me (second time around):

No comments:

Post a Comment