Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Parking Part II

In January I wrote about a wee parking issue that Himself and I had at the Royal York Subway Station parking lot: Parking Problems I

Well, we may not have parking machines in Duntroon, but they are in Collingwood.

They are marginally easier than the ones in Toronto and still require careful study with specs firmly in place (and *working on keeping blood pressure down).  Note the 4 steps clearly numbered:


The written instructions, however, do not relate to the numbers;


Before inserting the coins at Number 3, Number 1 on the machine is for selecting ones language of preference - *refer to keeping blood pressure down - (sorry about the reflection) - go back to Number 2 to confirm time and then take the ticket at Number 4 before putting it on the dashboard:


There was a small victory: the rate of 50¢ per hour somehow implies 50¢ as the minimum charge - not so, *cheer here ;).  I put in the first quarter and noticed that 30 minutes came up and that's all I needed for popping into the bank. Sorry Town of Collingwood.  I got what I paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment