Monday, February 27, 2012

Trax'n'Stats

Had a lovely morning over at Blue Mountain.  It was +4ºC and more like Spring skiing than Spring skiing.

I parked at the top and started with a run down (as opposed to a lift up) right down at the bottom of the photo.  I didn't ski everything as some runs were closed for the racing and they have a couple of SnowParks.  The weather changed, got quite windy and the light went flat when it clouded over - it's starting to snow now. Here is where I went:


And here are the stats:


It was a bit more busy than usually with a couple of 150+ participant high school races and some colleges/universities are on Reading Week. I always take the singles line and it all moves fairly quickly. My MOST favourite ride up was my last with two extremely nice young men on snowboards.  They were well kitted out and chatted between themselves about their cameras and where the best camera location is for a boarder (on the board? on a leg? on an arm?).  Out of the blue one of them turned to me and kindly asked about my day AND the other admired my jacket AND noticed that my goggles band match the jacket!  How nice. (And that really is what it's all about: meeting nice - preferably young - men on a chair lift!)

The most amazing part of the day was locating the mini putting area that Cathy and I played in November.  Well, here it is with at least half of it under a whole lot of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment